My Place Under The Sun

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Rediscovering Magic: The Gathering

A few years ago I played a collectible card game called Magic: The Gathering. At the time I started it released an expansion called the Third Edition. I remember spending endless nights playing and tweaking a tournament playable deck, until Dean helped me create a deck which we aptly named "Hymn to Two Racks". That same year, Dean became the Number 1 Magic Player in the Philippines. I was proudly among the top 10.

Yesterday while talking to my nephew, he told me that he and his friends were playing Magic and that he showed them my signed Mindstab Thrull card and their jaws dropped. I asked what was new with the game, he told me things about cards that are flipped, artifacts that are equipments, cards that had funky flavor texts. my jaw dropped.

I took a look at some of his new cards and found out that the art has improved since I last layed my hands on a Magic card. A thought crossed my mind, is it time to go back into Magic? Do I still have time to play Magic? Finally, I said No. As much as I love the game, I just don't have the time to play anymore, spending countless hours just to create the playing deck and my sideboards, plus the fact that I have to read the new rules.

Yes, my time with playing M:TG has passed but its never too late to start collecting.

Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home