My Place Under The Sun

Friday, December 10, 2004

Cebuanos and Theater

Tonight, my wife and I saw Al's theater adaptation of Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon at SM City Cebu. We almost enjoyed it, if not for the college student that sat beside me who kept texting and in between lines I could hear the almost silent "click, click, click" of the keypads on her cellphone, as well as some ring tones from a person who I assume does not know the ethics of using his mobile phone. How I would've loved to stand up, grab the phone from their hands and throw them as far as I can. Back in the day, I would've but I guess wisdom got the best of me and instead gave the lady beside me a stabbing stare.

Cebuanos have yet to learn the do's and don'ts of watching a stage play or even a movie actually. When will they ever learn? Does it hurt so much when they turn their mobile phones off for just an hour and a half, so that people who paid good money will be able to enjoy the play? Damn it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home