My Place Under The Sun

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A Day Divided in Three Acts

FIRST. This morning I talked with students of Paref Southcrest School about making a documentary film, nothing major, just the basics. Colon: Ang Paglantaw by Jurly was shown as a guide to what a documentary looks like and that a documentary may be as short as 5 to 10 mins.

It's been almost a year since I had a speaking engagement, it was good to know that I can still hack it.

SECOND. I finally got to talk with the officers and members of the Autism Society of the Philippines Cebu Chapter and got their go signal for on-cam interviews with some parents and their children.

Magene and I agreed that it was a good topic. I was surprised. Twice already she agreed with a film project which I conceptualized, maybe she isn't against filmmaking at all.

We were off to Big Bucks for dinner and cigarettes.

THIRD. Jurly then informed me that someone was there making a scene in his usual flair, I responded by saying that I'd rather stay at Big Bucks than watch his display of zealousness.

After being informed that the dust has cleared, we then proceeded to meet with Nick de Ocampo and the Cebu Film Festival Secretariat for Pelikula at Lipunan slated on the latter part of January.

The people behind this project seemed to have done their homework. they've covered almost all the bases, now it's a matter of getting the home run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home