My Place Under The Sun

Sunday, November 21, 2004

A Thought On Time

Time...how much time do we really have in our hands? "If there just enought time", we'd always say when we fail to do accomplish tasks we hoped to finish. Writing and finishing this blog alone took time as I was interrupted by various fatherly chores, revisions and other mundane factors.

How long will we keep saying to ourselves that we have enough time? In most cases we defer doing things to another time, but what if the time to do that was now? What if the mystic universe's so-called fate relied on you doing this right now, right this instant? How do we know?

As I write this blog, I am also convincing myself not to rely on having "enough" time to do what is needed. I have probably wasted enough time to last me two, maybe three lifetimes.

Spending quality time is also essential to one's being. Be it with the family, friend or even a new acquaintance. Often times, we fathers think we've spent quality time with our family when it was all just quantity.

For now, let me excuse myself as I try to spend quality time with my wife and kids.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home