My Place Under The Sun

Friday, December 08, 2006

Back To Basics

Yesterday my beloved Nokia 6600 finally gave up and asked for a permanent retirement. After about 4 years, it decided not to function anymore. Bringing along with it the numbers and email addresses of friends, filmmakers, photographers and clients, as well as, photos, notes and other data that can be put into a multimedia phone.

As I was having an early dinner with my wife, I sulked on the loss of all the numbers I had. And it dawned upon me to get back to getting an address book and start writing numbers down again. Yes, it's a tedious task but look at the benefits:

1. No more loss of battery problems. It doesn't run on batteries

2. Even if it gets dropped a few feet it still works. It well built and does not have any electronic parts.

3. No more memory capacity problems, since I can always buy a refill.

4. It's cheap!

So if you're a friend who has my mobile phone number, please send me an SMS message. And remind me who you are so that I can put your number on my address book.

Oh, just in case you're wondering, I'm now using my wife's old phone a Nokia 6510. At least until I get a new one. But then, I'm getting used to the little bugger.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • i think there are software and online apps that can backup your phone's address book...at least you don't have to write everything down...i haven't tried any tho so i don't know what to recommend...

    By Blogger Unsugarcoated Reviews, at 4:51 PM  

  • i have a three year-old phone and i honestly wouldnt know what to do without it. it's funny how dependent we are on technology, but it's funnier when we get attached to them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home