My Place Under The Sun

Friday, November 11, 2005

This Is Not My Day.

I have a fund raising concert to host and shoot tomorrow, a photo exhibit to prepare for, a business to take care of and a garage sale to plan. And here I am, sick.

Last night I felt my throat swell up as we were having dinner meeting at Kahayag Cafe to finalize everything for the fund raising concert. It didn't take long for my nose to start dripping and my voice to start changing. Damn it, I said to myself. Of all the darn days to get sick, my body picked one of the busiest days.

Fund Raising Concert

A month ago four members of iStorya.net were struck down by an unknown assailant armed with a car. The driver never looked back and left the victims for dead. Fortunately, good samaritans brought them to the hospital at 2am.

Three were released a day after with minor scratches and bruises, while Rowena Villamor was critical. She had to under go two major head operations and spending two weeks in the Intensive Care Unit.

As soon as members of Cebu's biggest online community heard about the incident, everyone express their willingness to help but didn't know how and where to course it. The administrators and moderator's thought that the best way was through having a benefit concert.

On Nov. 12, 2005, 7pm at Kahayag Cafe iStorya.net will hold a fund raising concert for the benefit of these victims. The following artists will perform:

Hotpress and the Glue Spreaders
Andy Calope
Waterproof
Ang Bagong Tribu
Hash Browns
2nA & eGG
Manny Amador
SawSaw
Missing Filemon

Tickets are pegged at 50 pesos and will be available at the gate.

Photo Exhibit

My friends and I are holding a photo exhibit at Chowabunga at Cebu's IT Park, Lahug on Nov. 19, 2005.

All of us are amateur photographers who have taken time to notice the beauty of Cebu's nature, people and culture.

To view some of my works please visit my flicker photoblog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home