My Place Under The Sun

Friday, January 28, 2005

Film Congress

Independent regional filmmakers such as Kidlat Tahimik, Peque Gallaga, Kiri Dalen, Teng Manansaka, Ted Co and others have all agreed that it is about time that things change in the local cinema. We signed a declaration which is aptly named "The Mactan Declaration" recognizing the need for regional filmmakers work as one and create communities, create the consciousness and redefine the market of movies.

I can't believe that I actually spent the whole day talking to these people. People whom I admired from afar were right beside me. On the way home, I was talking to Peque Gallaga asking him how Cebu could replicate what he has done for Bacolod. Kidlat Tahimik, Kidlat (Son of Kidlat Tahimik) and I were having a discussion on why local small budget films have more energy into them than big budget films. Yes, it was indeed an interesting day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home