I, unwillingly, will have to face that dillema.
You see, aside from filmmaking and photography I also run a subsidiery of the family business. Now due to some matters which, at this moment, do not wish to address I will have to let go of my employees. However, knowing how hard it is to find a job these days, my family and I decided to transfer them to another part of the business. So I held an afternoon meeting and told them our decision.
It was hard for me to face them as these were people whom I've worked with for a good number of years, some of them saw Valerie and Carlos while they were in Magene's womb. Yes, we've had our differences but these were good people.
While I looked in their eyes, I saw desperation, hopelessness and disbelief. As I discussed the job option and answered their questions, one of them asked if I was to handle the other business, I told them the possibilities and the issues that may come up if I did. They all responded that they might as well leave if I wasn't.
So here I am, faced with the dillema. Should I carry on the other business, it will definitely be an issue which I am trying to avoid. If I decide otherwise, these people will be out of jobs.
For a few weeks now, my instinct for self-preservation was on high gear. Now, it has come to a complete stop and my concscience has kicked in.